Have you been feeling exhausted throughout the day? Is your body’s productivity letting you down because of low energy? Do you feel quickly tired or out of breath? All this could be a result of your low stamina.
Stamina is the strength or energy that the body possesses to endure long periods of physical and mental toll. For people who have just shifted from a sedentary lifestyle to an active one, it is common to easily feel fatigued after any physical activity like a gym workout or even a long day of labor work. However, there are simple natural ways to increase stamina. All that is needed is an amalgamation of exercise, diet, and a healthy lifestyle. [1, 2]
This blog focuses on one way to boost stamina: Eating the right energy-giving foods. Most people think that they are eating properly and can have good stamina but that’s not true while planning a meal it’s important to look for the type, quality, and quantity of foods that could help boost stamina.
Here is a non-exclusive list of top energy-giving foods that is worth trying out to increase stamina. 
Nuts are loaded with proteins, polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 fatty acids), and bioactive compounds that help improve blood flow to the working muscles to provide them energy and optimal health and help build endurance. 
Fruits have high amounts of many essential nutrients that are often less taken by other food items such as dietary fiber, potassium, Vitamin C, antioxidants, carbohydrates, folate, and calcium. Some of the stamina booster fruits include bananas, red grapes, pomegranates, apples, strawberries, citrus fruits, and even avocados. 
- Brown Rice
Carbohydrates are the primary energy source that helps keep the body active throughout the day. These help the muscles and body tissues to recover from fatigue after vigorous physical activities. Brown rice is rich in calories, dietary fibers, proteins, and essential vitamins and minerals. In contrast to white rice, it is less starchy and highly fibrous which helps the stomach remain full for longer, energizes the body, and builds stamina. 
- Fatty Fish
Fatty fish like Salmon is incredibly nutritious and an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids along with essential proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Studies have shown that increased intake of omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin B12 can prevent prolonged fatigue and reduce immunity. 
- Eggs and Chicken
These are excellent energy-providing foods as they are high in carbohydrates and even proteins that help in increasing the rate of fat breakdown which increases stamina. Chicken is the best source of lean protein. 
- Green Leafy Vegetables
Lack of stamina can be an indication of iron deficiency. Green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale have abundant iron, fiber, micronutrients, and vitamins. Their intake can help increase red blood cell count, improve oxygen supply, and facilitate proper blood circulation. These can release short-term energy that boosts stamina. 
Owing to its high caffeine content, coffee is known to boost one’s energy levels instantly and increase stamina. Additionally, it helps stimulate the brain (central nervous system) and body to better focus and become alert and active. 
Beans such as peas and black beans are rich in protein, iron, fiber, folic acids, carbohydrates, magnesium, and manganese. These have slow digestive starch that provides steady energy. [1, 3]
It is the best probiotic to daily snack on. It contains protein, Vitamin B6 and B12, and even minerals like magnesium, all of which are essential for releasing energy and keeping the body active all day long. 
It is known for its high protein content. However, it also contains calories, starch, and fiber, along with vitamins and minerals. The slow digestive starch present in it aids the continuous glucose breakdown by the body and the release of energy that is required to stay active and build stamina. 
Food that is Unhealthy and One Must Avoid for Boosting Stamina
Some foods must be avoided if seeking a nutritious diet to boost stamina. These include:
- Fried Food- The body takes time to digest fried foods because of their high fat content. As a result, the body would feel lethargic. That’s why it is always recommended to avoid having fried foods before going for a workout.
- Milk– Every dairy-based product must be avoided before hitting the gym or any kind of physical activity. That’s because these have sugars that take time to digest and many people report indigestion and an unpleasant coating of mouth with them. However, still milk can be taken solely for increasing overall stamina as it is a good source of proteins but not before heading for an intense workout.
- Alcohol– Alcoholic beverages can reduce one’s endurance levels during workouts and has no role in increasing stamina. The problem with alcohol intake is that it affects the nervous system which is required for the activation and coordination of the muscle fibers and also leads to dehydration. 
Other alternatives: Try out VitaPost health supplements!
A healthy diet with stamina-boosting foods may not be enough for an individual who is an athlete or a sportsperson aiming for their best performance with good stamina. Therefore, nutrition or health experts usually recommend taking everyday dietary supplements that provide them with natural substances for strong support for their dieting and exercise regime.
The most preferred and best health supplements that have proven to build immunity and improve performance include:
- VitaPost Energy Complex- It supports the daily physical energy levels with high-potency Vitamin B complex, provides energy without calories and carbs through two beneficial compounds Magnesium and L-Taurine, and even supports mental focus for daily tasks. It has many botanical extracts in the formula such as Anhydrous caffeine, Spirulina powder, and more that provide energy.
- VitaPost Conjugated Linoleic Acid– Without taking excess red meat and dairy products, individuals can fulfill their exercise goals.
- VitaPost Slendarol– Its key ingredients like Green Coffee Bean, Raspberry ketone, Green Tea, and Garcinia Cambogia (with key component Hydroxycitric acid) provide the best exercise support by building stamina. [4, 5, 6]