During times of illnesses or flu season, people often seek nutrient-rich foods and drinks and doctors usually prescribe multivitamins. Ever thought about why so? That’s because, when one has a balanced diet comprising of a range of vitamins and minerals or takes nutrient supplements, the immune system gets boosted. However, it’s important to combine a healthy diet and intake of supplements with healthy lifestyle factors such as getting quality sleep, reduced stress, no smoking, no excessive alcohol consumption, and regular exercises to effectively prime the body to fight off diseases and harmful infections.
The immune system is a complex and vast interconnected network of different organs, tissues, cells, and proteins that synergistically work to keep the body healthy. A healthy immune system’s job is to defend one’s body against invading disease-causing microorganisms or germs/ pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, battle foreign bodies, and even help in defeating the cancer cells while protecting the healthy tissues. It reduces one’s risk of contracting highly contagious diseases. Immunity can be of two types: Innate (inherited) and Adaptive (acquired). It gets influenced by an ideal balance of multiple factors including optimal nutrition uptake, age, environmental toxins, diseases, stress, sleep, and body weight.
A weakened immune system can impair one’s overall health. Up to 70% of immunity is found in the gut, so maintaining lots of friendly bacteria in the stomach is essential to ensure a strong immune system. Otherwise, one can end up having stomach complaints like diarrhea, flatulence, and constipation. The human body also relies on healthy immune cells for the natural healing of any wounds or injuries by supplying nutrient-rich blood to the injured site to regenerate the cells. When the immune system is weak, this healing response gets slowed down and the cells are not able to quickly regenerate. One of the signs of being immunocompromised is the occurrence of repeated infections such as colds, coughs, ear infections, and influenza and the requirement of more than two courses of antibiotics in a year. Furthermore, for those who have a low-functioning immune system, their energy levels go down and they feel fatigued. This happens because the body conserves energy to power the immune system and provide protection against infections.
Many common dietary supplements claim to enhance the functioning of the immune system. These contain various vitamins and minerals (often called micronutrients) that are necessary for a healthy immune system. The main ones include Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, zinc, folate, copper, and iron. Immunity boosters are in high demand among individuals of any age group or gender who want to supercharge their immune system. However, these supplements may be little advantageous for immune health. They should not and cannot be used as an alternative to achieve a healthy lifestyle. It’s always recommended to speak to a healthcare professional first before trying any new supplement.
Looking for a dietary supplement that supports a healthy immune system for everyday use? Order Now VitaPost Immune Support!
What is Immune Support?
Immune Support is a dietary supplement providing broad, advanced wellness botanical extracts, vitamins, and antioxidant support to nourish the immune system. It is formulated with both traditional and modern ingredients for everyday use. The product is of premium quality as it is manufactured in the USA from domestic or imported ingredients and sourced from a GMP-certified and FDA-registered facility. It is a non-GMO product that has undergone laboratory testing.
Ingredients of Immune Support
VitaPost Immune Support aims for an “all-rounder” everyday nutrition support to mankind. The wide range of nutritional ingredients present in Immune Support are:
1. Vitamins- including Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) and Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate). These are antioxidants that integrally act with some components of the immune system to maintain its health. Vitamin C is a critical micronutrient that has a great impact on the immune system. It contributes to the natural defense system by supporting a wide range of cellular functions of the body’s adaptive immune systems. As an antioxidant, it helps fight free radicals in the body, thereby reducing inflammation and improving immunity. It also keeps the skin healthy so that it acts as a proper barrier against toxins that can enter the body from the outside. Some recent studies also have reported that more Vitamin C in dietary supplements may help decrease the longevity of cold or flu symptoms. Moreover, it enhances the cytokine production of leukocytes (white blood cells) and inhibits cellular death (apoptosis) of different types of T-lymphocytes. It even supports the activity of natural killer cells and the production of antibodies. In addition, Vitamin C can help make the membranes of bacteria more absorbent to some antibiotics, hence preventing bacterial infections.
2. Minerals- including Selenium (as amino acid chelate)- a trace mineral that helps fight off free radicals and protect cells from damage, reduce inflammation, and keep immune system cells healthy and stronger.
3. Herbal extracts- including traditional ingredients like extracts of Graviola leaf (soursop, Annona muricata) and Green tea leaf. These leaf extracts have surprisingly powerful antioxidants that have quite specifically assisted in maintaining the health of the immune system. This is well-supported by research studies. It also includes modern ingredients such as beta-glucans in powdered form. Beta-glucans are natural polysaccharides (sugar chains) present in many kinds of bacteria and fungi. When the body encounters beta-glucans, it associates it with pathogenic microorganisms and therefore is prepared to fight them. Immune Support has healthy, edible sources of beta-glucans, usually from a fungus- Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
4. Botanicals- including Raspberry Fruit Powder, Turmeric Rhizome Powder, Grape Seed Extract, Pine Bark Extract, Cat’s Claw Bark Powder, Pomegranate Seed Hull or Extract, Quercetin Dihydrate Seeds, Olive Leaf Extract, Panax ginseng Root Powder, Garlic Bulb Powder.
As per animal studies, it has been suggested that raspberry and its extracts have anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory effects that may reduce one’s risk of having diabetes, cancer, obesity, aging, vision problems, and heart disease. They are rich in Vitamins C, E, and K, omega-3 fatty acids, as well as minerals like copper, folate, potassium, and magnesium. Moreover, they contain powerful antioxidants including Ellagic acid, Quercitin, and Anthocyanins.
Turmeric Rhizome Powder contains bioactive compounds having anti-inflammatory properties which help boost the immune system and even powerful antioxidants to protect cells from oxidative damage. The grape seed extract is high in antioxidant activity. It even contains some enzymes that catalyze the histamine release during allergies and inflammation. Cat’s claw is a vine that grows in the rainforest of Central and South America. Its root and bark contain chemicals that might help fight viruses, kill cancer cells, and stimulate the immune system. Panax ginseng is a plant that grows in China, Korea, and Siberia. It is an adaptogen, a natural substance that is believed to stimulate resistance of the body to stressors. Quercetin is a flavonoid present in many plants and foods like grapes, apples, and broccoli that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects too.
5. Mushroom and Herbal complexes- The herbal complex in the Immune Support formula consists of Burdock Root Powder, Rhubarb Root Powder, Slippery Elm Bark Powder, and Sheep Sorrel Aerial Parts Powder. It is derived from a conventional first-nation formulation from Canada. Some of the ingredients in the herbal complex have been shown to possess antioxidant potential. The Mushroom Complex (mycelial mass) in the Immune Support formula consists of a blend of powdered forms of different mushrooms: Shiitake, Reishi, and Maitake which have been associated with a healthy immune system.
6. Others- This includes arabinogalactan or larch gum- a biopolymer found in many plants and is capable of enhancing Macrophages and Natural Killer cells and even secretion of the pro-inflammatory cytokines. Another is a synthetic form of lycopene- a bright red carotenoid, a non-provitamin A which is commonly found in the pink grapefruit, tomatoes, watermelons, papaya, and red carrots. It has antioxidant properties. Still, others include microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin (bovine), vegetable stearic acid, and vegetable magnesium stearate.
Why do people prefer Immune Support?
Immune Support product is preferred by people because it is associated with multiple merits. The product contains a broad spectrum of natural beneficial antioxidants like green tea extract, pine bark, grape seed extract, olive leaf, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E that helps fight free radicals and prevent oxidative damage. With a mixture of both modern and traditional herbal extracts, one can enjoy the best immune system support. Furthermore, a wide and varied range of supplemental ingredients is present that would strengthen the immune system and allow it to function normally.
Frequently asked questions
1. How to use Immune Support?
One bottle of Immune Support contains 60 capsules that should be finished in a month.
Suggested Directions for use: Take 2 capsules daily with a glass of water and food or as directed by the medical practitioner.
Caution: Avoid exceeding the recommended dose. Immune Support must not be taken along with other medications. The product is not meant to be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women, children under the age of 18 years, or anyone suffering from a known medical condition including Hypotension (low blood pressure), Cardiovascular Disease, and Parkinson’s Disease. If there are any questions regarding the advisability of taking this product, talk to the concerned doctor beforehand.
2. How big are Immune Support capsules?
Immune Support capsules are zero-sized standard capsules that are less than 2mm (an inch) long. Most people consider capsules of the size that can be easily swallowed.
3. Is there a need for a prescription to buy Immune Support?
No, one can get Immune Support without a doctor’s prescription.
4. Is Immune Support a vegetarian product?
No, Immune Support contains gelatin which is derived from Bovine, hence it is a non-vegetarian product.
5. Does Immune Support contain common allergens?
Nearly all foods contain allergens that can trigger allergic reactions. Commonly found allergens include cow’s milk, egg, peanut, wheat, tree nut, fish, sesame, shellfish, and soy. Immune Support has soy. The product is made in a facility where other products may also be processed such as eggs, milk, peanuts, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, and fish.
6. Is Immune Support FDA certified product?
FDA (Food and Drug Administration) is not a certifying authority for dietary supplement products, like Immune Support. However, Immune Support is manufactured in a facility registered under FDA that follows Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines.
7. Where to buy Immune Support?
Immune Support is not available at the offline pharmaceutical store. One can purchase the product online through the official website.
8. Is Immune Support safe?
Immune Support products are generally safe to use as all ingredients are 100% natural. The vitamins and minerals are present in the product in low amounts, so they are well-tolerated and most people don’t experience any side effects. If one takes high doses of Immune Support, i.e. above 2 grams, of Vitamin C, then one can have nausea, stomach cramps, and diarrhea as well as an increased risk for kidney stones. Immune Support is safe to be consumed with most medications but it’s not advised as certain ingredients in it can interact with some prescribed medications and reduce their efficacy or lead to side effects.
If experienced, the common side effects of taking Immune Support pills include headache, nausea, constipation, cough, and intense abdominal pain. Infrequent side effects include chest pain, backache, pain in the arms or legs, vomiting, and abdominal bloating. Rare ones are behavioral problems and neuropsychiatric disorders.
9. Is it possible to return unopened bottles of Immune Support?
Yes, within 5 months of purchase of the product, a sealed pack bottle of Immune Support can be returned to the seller.
10. Who should avoid the consumption of Immune Support pills?
If anyone is having any of the following contraindications with the product, it’s not advisable to take Immune Support:
- Reduced kidney function
- Asthma attack
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Anemia from G6PD deficiencies and Pyruvate Kinase
- Iron metabolism disorder that results in increased storage of iron
- A high amount of oxalic acid in urine
- Calcium Oxalate Kidney Stones
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus- an autoimmune disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflamed nose because of an allergy
To buy immune support please visit immunesupport.net