Registered dieticians or nutritionists always recommend having a protein-loaded diet plan to achieve weight loss goals. Going for a high-protein diet may help individuals lose weight naturally. That’s because the intake of meals abundant in proteins helps boost metabolism, tame hunger, and reduce appetite as well as lead to fewer calories intake, limit cravings and reduce the desire for late-night snacking, prevent muscle loss and metabolic slowdown, and even change the levels of different weight regulating hormones. Other than these effects of proteins on weight loss, high-protein foods must be a part of every diet plan as they have abundant essential nutrients to stay healthy. These essential nutrients include essential amino acids (the building blocks of protein), vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. [1, 2, 3, 4]
So, what are the high-protein foods that can aid in weight loss? Well, these foods are minimally-processed, rich in proteins, and highly satiated (keeps one full and satisfied) so cannot be overeaten, and provides maximum nutrition in every calorie. This article focuses on protein-rich foods that one must include in one’s weight loss diet plan to support effective, and healthy weight loss. 
The Top 8 High Protein Foods
Here are the protein-rich foods that one must choose from for weight loss. The protein quantity per 100 grams or a serving of every food item is also mentioned.
1. Meat- including lean pork (26g), chicken breast (30g), bacon (20-22g), lamb chops (22-24 g), lean steak (30g), and more.
2. Eggs- both whole and egg whites
3. Fish- including fatty fish like sardines, salmon, herring, etc. (20-26g) and white fish like sole, snapper, halibut, etc. (24-28g)
4. Shellfish- including crab (20-24g), shrimp (24-26g), clams (24-26g), scallops (20-22g), lobster (20-24g), and mussels (22-24g)
5. Soy- including black soybeans (20g), tempeh (18-20g), tofu (18-20g), and edamame beans (17g)
6. Greek yogurt- including three varieties: non-fat, low-fat, or full-fat (15-18g)
7. Legumes- including lentils (18g), lupine beans (25g), pinto beans (15g), chickpeas (11g), green peas (10g), and black beans (16g)
8. Protein Powder- containing egg, whey, or plant-based ingredients like pumpkin seed, pea, etc. (20g) 
High Protein Weight Loss Foods to Eat
1. Meat and Poultry: Chicken, pork, beef, and turkey are excellent foods for healthy weight loss as they are rich in protein and many vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, Vitamin B12, and potassium. These meats and poultry can be taken in parts including the skin and innards in grilled, broiled, or roasted forms. 
2. Non-starchy Vegetables: Leafy greens and other non-starchy vegetables that grow above the ground-such as broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, and even mushrooms are abundant in nutrients including fibers and water but low in calories and carbs. These can be taken raw in salads or pan or grill-fried in butter, ghee, or olive oil. 
3. Seafood: Fatty fish like salmon is one of the favorite weight-loss foods for non-vegetarians. It contains high amounts of essential omega-3 fatty acids that have lot many health benefits. Shrimp, trout, crab, and tuna are abundant in magnesium, iodine, and potassium, among other nutrients. All fishes and shellfish are loaded with nutrients. They have some of the highest protein percentages, meaning more proteins per calorie, thereby eating them can make one feel fuller for longer. If currently following a weight loss regime, ensure that the seafood is not battered, breaded, or fried as these will add more carbs and calories to them. 
4. Low-fat Dairy Products: These include fermented dairy products like plain non-fat and low-fat cottage cheese and Greek yogurt which are low in milk sugar (lactose). There are even whey protein supplements (shakes and powders) containing more proteins than other dairy products. However, these are highly processed and aside from amino acids, these don’t provide adequate nutrition. 
5. Eggs: Eggs are abundant in vitamins and minerals. One egg typically contains 6 grams of high-quality protein including all essential amino acids and only a gram of carbs. They help one remain feeling full for lengthy periods after eating. The egg white is more protein-rich with fewer calories while the inner golden yolk contains more Vitamin A, selenium, and iron. They are the best breakfast option or fantastic protein for any time of the day and can be eaten in any way like scrambled, fried, poached, or hard-boiled. [1, 2]
6. Legumes: Beans, Lentils, peas, seeds, and soy are great plant-based proteins for weight loss. In addition to being rich in protein, they are high in fiber so they can help relieve stomach issues like constipation and bloating which could result in some weight gain. These are perfect choices for vegan weight loss diets or vegetarians.
If one is a vegetarian or vegan who has low carbs or eats a keto diet, they can occasionally consider including plant protein powder supplements in addition to their diet. However, these lack dietary fibers that are present in whole legumes. [1, 2]
7. Peanut Butter: It is a great protein source as well as healthy fats and low in carbs. Typically, 2 tablespoons of butter can provide 8 grams of protein. 
8. Whole-grain Carbs: Whole-grain products like whole-grain pasta or protein-rich crackers and protein-loaded seeds are another option to lose weight. These keep one full without many calories as provided by white-processed carbs. 
9. Quinoa: It is a gluten-free seed that is a delicious, great alternative to pasta or rice. One serving contains approximately 8 grams of proteins and 5 grams of dietary fiber. 
10. Nuts: Almonds, peanuts, and pistachios are also great plant-based proteins. In every ounce of serving, there are on average 6 grams of proteins and 3 grams of gut-friendly fibers. 
Vitapost Weight Loss Supplements in addition to high-protein diets!
Vitapost KetoTrim and Green Coffee Plus are popular dietary supplements claiming to support one’s weight loss goals when taken along with a healthy diet and routine exercises.
Vitapost KetoTrim features the patented white kidney bean extract that can help support ketosis by reducing the digestion and absorption of complex carbs by up to 66%.
Vitapost Green Coffee Plus is made with Green Coffee Extract containing chlorogenic acid with antioxidant properties. [5, 6]